Sunday, November 12, 2017

Luisa Piccarreta: Seduced by a demon?


Image result for luisa piccarreta and demonImage result for asmodeus demon art
 
by
 
Damien F. Mackey
 
 
 
"Christian faith cannot accept 'revelations' that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such 'revelations.'"
 
The Catechism of the Catholic Church, # 67
 
 
 
Medjugorje enthusiasts tend to be keen as well on the Marian Movement of Fr. Stefano Gobbi (d. 2011) and the prolific writings of Luisa Piccarreta (d. 1947).
 
A Catholic woman recently gave me some material from alleged mystic Luisa Piccarreta’s 36-volume The Book of Heaven, asking for my opinion of it.
The first thing that I read was this (Dec/24/1902 – Vol. 4):
 
Continuing in my usual state, I found myself outside of myself, and I found Our Lord, who had a cross near Him, which was all braided with thorns. He took it and placed it upon my shoulders, commanding me to carry it into the midst of a multitude of people, to give proof of His Mercy and to placate Divine Justice. It was so heavy that I carried it bent over and almost dragging myself. While I was carrying it, Jesus disappeared, and as I reached a certain place, the one who was guiding me told me: “Leave the cross and remove your clothes, for Our Lord is coming back and He must find you ready for the crucifixion.”
I removed my clothes but I kept them in my hands because of the embarrassment my nature felt; and I said to myself: ‘I will drop them as soon as He comes.’ At that moment He came back, and finding me with my clothes in my hands, told me: “You have not even let yourself be found completely stripped so that I might crucify you immediately”.
 
I had to wonder who Luisa’s “Jesus” really was.
The real Jesus did not “leave the cross”, nor did he, in “the midst of a multitude of people”, remove his clothes. He was forcibly “stripped” (Matthew 27:27-28): “Then the governor’s soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him of his clothes …”.
 
Here are some further extremely weird excerpts that one will encounter in The Book of Heaven (Mar/10/1909 – Vol. 9):
 
He, instead of answering me, drew near my mouth and placed His tongue in my mouth, and I was no longer able to speak.  I could just suckle something -but I can't tell what it was; and as He withdrew it, I could only say:  'Lord, come back soon - who knows when You are coming back.'  And He answered: "This evening I will come back again." And He disappeared.
 
(Feb/06/1919 – Vol. 12):
 
…. Jesus came, All in a hurry, and told me: "My daughter, I am very hungry." And it seemed He would take many tiny little white balls from inside my mouth, and would eat them. Then, as if He wanted to satisfy His hunger completely, He entered inside my heart, and with both hands He took many crumbs, big and small, and ate them hurriedly. Then, as if having satisfied His hunger, He leaned on my bed and told me: "My daughter, as the soul keeps enclosing my Will and loves Me, in my Will she encloses Me; and, in loving Me, she forms around Me the accidents in order to imprison Me inside, and forms a host for Me. …”
 
Although Luisa Piccarreta died 70 years ago, her writings are popular today, especially in Spain.
Most worryingly from a Catholic point of view, Luisa’s messages go right against the teachings of the Church, and its Traditions, because they contain new revelations.
 
Fr. Terence Staples, a priest in the Diocese of Arlington, Virginia, has warned about this in:
 
Is Luisa Piccarreta's
"Kingdom of the Divine Will"
Catholic?
 
The purpose of this page is to provide information on the writings of Luisa Picaretta, with the intention of determining if the Kingdom of the Divine Will movement poses a threat to Catholics. The following spells out specific portions of Luisa's writings which appear to contradict Catholic teaching. A mailing list has been set up for discussion of these issues, and anyone who is interested in these issues (especially anyone who can address these issues) is encouraged to join.
 
A New Revelation?
 
  • Luisa states that what she has received is a new revelation, never before communicated to the Church, which is necessary for all the faithful to adhere to and understand if they hope to attain a new and higher level of beatitude which God desires for all his children.
  • Luisa claims to be the founder of a totally new dispensation, a new way of holiness, a new way of being united with God.
  • According to her writings, this new way of being united with God has only been lived by three people before it was revealed to Luisa Piccarreta: Adam and Eve (before the Fall) and Mary.
 
A New "Sacrament" of the Divine Will?
 
  • Luisa clearly and repeatedly teaches that when one receives this new "Sacrament" of the Divine Will the human will ceases to function as such and the Divine Will acts in the creature in such a way that the action is purely divine.
 
What Does the Catholic Church Teach?
 
  • "The Christian economy, therefore, since it is the new and definitive covenant, will never pass away; and no new public revelation is to be expected before the glorious manifestation of our Lord, Jesus Christ (cf. I Tim 6:14, 1 Tit. 2:13)." (Vatican Council II, Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (Dei Verbum), para. 4.)
  • "Throughout the ages, there have been so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ's definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church."
    "Christian faith cannot accept 'revelations' that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such 'revelations.'" (The Catechism of the Catholic Church, # 67.)
  • The Council of constantinople III 680-681 (DS 556-59), Ecumenical VI (against the Monothelites), clearly defines that the man, Jesus Christ, has two natural wills in Him, a human will and a divine will.
  • On July 13th, 1938, "In the Kingdom of the Divine Will" and two other writings of Luisa Piccarreta were condemned in the General Reunion of the Supreme Sacred Congregation. On July 14th, Pope Pius XI approved the decision of the Most Eminent Cardinals that had been submitted to him, confirmed it, and ordered it published. ….
 
According to one writer, “even an uneducated two year old could see how false this is”. For Jesus is supposed to have told Luisa:
 
"IN THE NEW ERA, THE SACRAMENTS, THEMSELVES, WILL NOT GIVE THEIR FULL FRUITS BUT WE WILL NOT REALLY NEED THEM, FOR THE REAL LIFE OF THE HOLY TRINITY IN THE DIVINE WILL IN THE NEW ERA IS GREATER THAN THE MYSTICAL LIFE OF GRACE THE SACRAMENTS HAVE."
 
In the Book of Tobit, the demon Asmodeus, lusting after Sarah, will cause the death of her seven successive husbands (3:8): “Sarah had been married seven times, but the evil demon, Asmodeus, killed each husband before the marriage could be consummated”.
In Luisa Piccarreta’s The Book of Heaven, it will be - not seven husbands - but the seven Sacraments, that the demon will try to knock off, because, according to Luisa’s “Jesus”: “We will not really need them”.
 
 
Image result

No comments: